Page updated Tuesday 15th November 2022
We welcome visitors to the Riverina (subject to any public health orders and border restrictions that may be in place), but remind everyone that social distancing measures remain in place, and to practice good hand hygiene. Wear a mask to protect yourself and others.
Visitors are encouraged to book in advance to avoid disappointment. Please also be aware that some attractions and businesses may be operating under changed conditions or have different operating hours to normal.
Each state or territory has its own entry requirements and travel restrictions. You must comply with any border rules of the state or territory you are entering or leaving.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms, even if mild and you are fully vaccinated, use a rapid antigen test immediately and self-isolate to protect vulnerable community members.
If you are visiting the Riverina this Summer, please check the road conditions and weather forecasts for each town before travelling.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life-threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
- Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
- Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
- Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be DECEPTIVE and dangerous.
- For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
- NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
- RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
- Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/southwest.shtml
- Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
- Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
- BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW