• Connect With Us

Yanco Power Station was built in 1913 to supply power to the developing Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area and for the Leeton Butter Factory. It was chosen for its proximity to the rail line enabling easy access to coal and water. The station was decommissioned in the late 1950s once the Snowy Hydroelectric scheme was operational.

The Museum has a collection of farm machinery, photographs and a sixty seat theatrette.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Acknowledgement of Country

The Riverina recognises the Wiradjuri people, who are the traditional custodians of these lands. We pay respect to the Wiradjuri people both past and present, and recognise the culture, strength, resilience and capacity of the Wiradjuri people. We also acknowledge the contributions of Aboriginal Australians to this country we all live in and share together.