• Connect With Us

Bishop’s Lodge is an extraordinary 1888 iron house, designed by architect John Sulman with the first Anglican Bishop of Riverina, Sydney Linton. Their aim was to create a comfortable home to withstand Hay’s summer heat and difficult soils. Even today the technology evident in this design is significant.

The Bishop’s Lodge is surrounded by a wonderfully cool historic garden featuring a remarkable collection of heritage roses.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Acknowledgement of Country

The Riverina recognises the Wiradjuri people, who are the traditional custodians of these lands. We pay respect to the Wiradjuri people both past and present, and recognise the culture, strength, resilience and capacity of the Wiradjuri people. We also acknowledge the contributions of Aboriginal Australians to this country we all live in and share together.